Hello everyone out there. I have a new start and finish to share with you today!!
A few weeks ago (the actual date is a bit fuzzy). I started this small kit Patiently Waiting by Dimensions. A crafty friend gave this to me before Christmas last year. I had gotten a bit bored with a new start I have yet to share with you and this piece was calling to me. This was a rather quick and easy project. It was my first time stitching on plastic canvas and hopefully my last. I didn't enjoy the rigidness of the material and the resistance I felt with each pull of the needle.
Anyways here are some progress photos...
Here it is just before I cut it out and started to assemble it. I had to change the French knot Holly berries slightly from the directions. They wanted you to use all six strands to make the knots. I thought that sounded really crazy since each hole already had 12 strands of floss running thru a very tight space, but I figured I would give it a try. It was difficult but I had finished five of the berries before I broke my needle! So I decided to attempt them with only 3 strands and that worked well :)
Part of the reason why I chose this kit to work on was because it included everything to finish it into a banner/ornament. I am the worst at finishing my stitching projects (my unfinished object pile is very high) but I wanted to challenge myself to completely finish something.
Here is what it is supposed to look like finished...
And here is my finish!!
I kept the felt back a little wider and decided to hand stitch the tube for a dowel or twig at the top closed. The stitching isnt the straightest line but I can live with it. I decided not to cut fringe into the bottom angles and skip the white French knot stars on the lower half also.
Overall I am pleased with how this turned out and excited that I now have one Christmas present completed! Also this is my EIGHTH finish in 7 months so far this year!