Finishes

Friday, November 9, 2018

Friday Progress Photos 11/9/18 I Love You AKA The Princess Bride

Hello :)
I am trying to follow in my footsteps of when I first started this blog over 6 years ago and share some progress photos today.  I'm not sure if anyone reads blogs anymore when we have Facebook Cross Stitch Groups and Flosstube, but lately I have felt that I miss posting my progress here on my blog.

I have been working on my current WIP for a few weeks now after a recent finish which I will share with you soon.  This design is called "I Love You" by Love Thy Thread, but I prefer to give it the nickname of The Princess Bride which has been one of my most favorite movies since I was a child.  This was a Stitch Maynia 2016 start and it is a full coverage piece.  It is almost all yellows and oranges which are not really my favorite colors but I was really drawn to this design.

This is what it will look like when it is finished.



Here are some photos of where I was with it...



Here you can see my awesome Prince Bride needleminder from the now defunct Minding my Minders.


And here is where I am as of today Friday November 9th...


I am trying to concentrate on finishing a few WIPS but I think I will try to finish all of the black on these pages before moving on.  I chose to do both pages at once because I don't want to get a line where you can tell the columns that I stitched on like you can sort of see with the yellows due to using the Parking stitching method.  What do you think?  Are there any other Princess Bride Movie fans out there??  If so I have another special story to share...later.

Until the next time...Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

  1. I read it! Besides, it's also a good idea for you to track your own progress. Also, looking at your Princess Bride makes me think I really need to design the Boba Fett/Princess Bride mashup thing for Andreas. Since they both use the phrase, "As You Wish."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a truly awesome design Meg! I'd love to see what you could come up with.

      Delete
  2. I read them! Definitely don't comment as much as I used to but enjoy reading them for sure! I love Princess Bride too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your commend Claudette! I'm glad you are also a fan of the Princess Bride :)

    ReplyDelete