Finishes

Thursday, October 9, 2014

YOTA October Progress

Hello out there!  This Year of the Acronym post is a bit late but I figure posting now is better than never.  This month I didn't get quite as much done as I would have liked on Medieval Lady...  I did finally muster up the guts to try to wash her.  Unfortunately her worst stains were barely changed at all and did not disappear!  I think that is really why I stopped working on her a bit.  I thought why invest more time in something that won't look its best when finished... But then I changed my defeated attitude and decided to keep plugging away at her so that I can try to finish her by the end of this year :)

Overall you can't see any progress because I worked entirely in filling in areas that were white.  I figured I would move away from all of the bright colors and get the boring white on white stitching over with.  But it got REALLY boring not using any of the pretty flosses in this design.

I filled in all of the white on the fur lined vest and cape of the lady.
I've already moved on to using other colors this month and I can't wait to see the progress I can make to show you for next month!  Until then...Happy Stitching!

17 comments:

  1. She looks great Lulu. I can't see any stains.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! They are definitely there but I cropped them out in the photo. Hopefully when I'm finished you still can't see them :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful stitching! I can't see any stains either. What have you tried so far?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sarah. So far I have only tried distilled water and blue Dawn dish soap. I plan to try it a few more times to see if it improves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks lovely, and really I'm trying really hard to look for stains but can't see anything at all, honestly!! Keep stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mini :). The stains are on the outer edges and there is a clean spot from qsnap snap that might be where the design border stops.

      Delete
  5. I think it looks wonderful and is worth finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Angela! I plan to keep working on her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks really great. I'm sure there must be ways that you might be able to get the stains out without effecting the stitching. Maybe someone in the wonderful World of the Internet might have a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Others had suggested Dawn soap and I think I'll give it a few more tries...

      Delete
  8. She's looking lovely Lulu! Great job with the washing too...can't see any stains.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello

    Beautiful stitching and I can't see any marks at all, she is perfect x

    ReplyDelete