Finishes

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Happy New Year 2015!

Hello everyone and happy 2015 to you all.  Thank you to everyone who has stuck with me on reading this blog!  I had a very wonderful year in 2014 mostly because my son joined our sweet family.  December seemed to race by and I was busy visiting family and friends while we were home in the US.    I am pretty proud of the fact that I had 12 finishes last year (almost 13)!!

For 2015 I set a very crazy stitching goal for myself...it's to only work from my stash and not buy anything for an ENTIRE YEAR!  Yes you read that right.  I found a group on Facebook and thought that I could be ready for this challenge, so here I go.  So far 6 days in and I have kept the promise.  BUT I did buy a few things that I am waiting to arrive in the mail before 2014 ended ;).

Here are a few new stash acquisitions I received before we went home in December...
This is Thea Gouverneur's Paris kit.  I've had my eye on this kit since I first started stitching but it was always out of my budget...until it went on an amazing sale at Keepsake Needle Arts!
I also picked up this Elmo pillow kit from the sale that I thought was needlepoint after all the fun I had on my Chi Omega pillow earlier this year.  But it turns out this is a yarn cross stitch kit.  I'm sure my daughter will love it all the same when it is finished.

Also this year I have signed up for the YOTA Year of the Acronym SAL challenge again.  In the past it has really helped me dwindle down my WIPs and I will show you some progress soon.

Here is my latest start...
I know at this point it just looks like a postage stamp but this is my owl birth sampler I have started stitching for my son.  I think I had put a few stitches in it last fall and then stopped to focus on Medieval Lady.

I hope you all are enjoying the fresh start of the new year and I can't wait to see what you are up to stitching wise.  Happy Stitching and thank you for reading:)

6 comments:

  1. Great new stash! Good luck with not buying any more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many people seem to be working from their stash lately! I do the same as well most of the time if I can. I'm wondering if its not just because many of us have more than we can stitch in three lifetimes but a comment on how there's really not a lot of amazing patterns out there to buy? At least that's how I feel, I get weekly e-mails from a couple of sources with what's new and I'm not desperate to buy any of it! Which really is okay cause I have plenty! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I mostly chose to not buy because I have things I've wanted to start stitching in my stash but I keep getting distracted by new charts that I buy.

      Delete
  3. I love your new stash! I also belong to a Stitch from Stash group but not on Facebook. Last year I didn't spend anything but this year I have already spent $6!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you had amazing willpower last year Faith!

    ReplyDelete