Finishes

Sunday, March 29, 2015

New Start Norwegian Flag Table Runner

Hello there stitches and crafters!  I have been itching to start a new stitching project for some time, but I finally gave in and started one earlier this month.  I started the Norwegian Flag Table Runner (technically it doesn't have a name just a design number) by Permin on March 5th!  The goal I set for myself is to have it finished by May 17th so I can display it for the Norwegian Constitution Day Holiday.  I think this is an attainable goal as I am currently at the halfway point!

Here is what the final product will look like...

Here are some various progress shots...





So far I have enjoyed stitching this and it has been a nice break from the confetti of my current HAED project.  It took me a false start to figure out that this is stitched 1 over 2.  This is only the second time I have stitched on Linen fabric and the irregularities in the weave and fibers are a bit annoying.

Here is my latest progress...

I am just past the halfway point. Yay!  When this is finished it will be about 13" x 48".  But now I have to figure out how to reverse the design for the flags as this kit only includes the chart for this first half for some reason.  I hope I'll be able to figure it out and still finish before my deadline.  Wish me luck!  

Happy Crafting!






10 comments:

  1. You are off to a great start! Looking at the picture that came with the kit it kind of looks like you can just start at the other end and stitch up towards the middle again and it will come out right. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Faith! That is great advice that I did not think of. I have just finished the border and started the flag garland from the other end.

      Delete
  2. That table runner just looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dani. So far it is a fast and fun design!

      Delete
  3. This is a great design! I know what you mean, I try to avoid stitching on linen. Evenweave is much easier! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and I now appreciate the uniformity of even weave so much more!

      Delete
  4. Great progress and I hope you can figure out the chart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tiffany! I think I have figured out how to stitch it and the answer was so simple but I didnt figure it out without Faith's help.

      Delete
  5. Cute project! Looking great!

    ReplyDelete