Finishes

Friday, May 31, 2013

Birds SAL Progress Part 2 Week 2

I didn't get quite as far as I would have liked this week...but c'est la vie.  I have been splitting my time between this and my YOTA project that you can find out about tomorrow ;).

Here is where I left off last Friday...


And here is the progress I made during the week!




Not as much as last week, but for a few days my little girl decided she didn't want to take a nap :(.  I am trying not to lose my momentum.  I came close to my goal of reaching the right edge of the design and I did complete another large flower so I am 2/4 done with the large ones in this part!  Yesterday I had to finally stop when I broke the eye of my needle.  I seem to have that problem quite often...do you all experience that regularly or is it just me?  This was a brand new needle I bought for this project but I guess it has seen a lot of use :)  Well I am off to get back to stitching on this so I can try to catch up to the deadlines.  Happy Stitching!

8 comments:

  1. Great progress Lulu! You're catching up very nicely on this SAL :) I never broke the eye of my needles... for me they just tend to change colours!! Perhaps your tension is too hard. I have no idea, I guess it's best just to keep a spare near by :D Have a lovely weekend & hope your little girl goes back to her little nap so mummy can stitch in peace! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. This needle lost its gold plate before I broke it. Happy weekend to you too!

      Delete
  2. Its looking great. I have needles that have broken in the same way but they tend to be after I have used them for a little while or they change colour and break in the middle. I am never sure if it is me or I have brought bad needles...I wouldn't worry too much as your stitching always looks amazing.

    Looking for to the next update xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lesleyanne! I usually think half the time it's me and the other half is poor needle quality. I usually poach old needles from other kits or projects so thatigjt be a factor too?

      Delete
  3. That's looking lovely! Don't despair, you're making great progress very quickly. I've never had a needle break, but mine definitely change colors a lot. What size are you using? Maybe that has something to do with it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah this one was a size 26 gold plated one but this has happened to me on many other sizes. This is the first time I have ever used a needle so small!

      Delete
  4. That's such a pretty design and great stitching. I hope you can catch up in the SAL so you don't have to buy the chart, as you mentioned in a prior post. I have never broken a needle. You must be stronger than you realize!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie and thanks for becoming a new follower@

      Delete