Finishes

Friday, September 1, 2017

First Finish of 2017 Mom and Baby Turtle

Hello Stitchers and Crafters!  I figured I would take a little time to backtrack and get you caught up with my finishes so far this year.  It took until April for me to have my first project finish and it was.... my Heaven and Earth Designs Mom and Baby Turtle by Annya Kai!! I started this way back when on December 30th 2013 when I was still living in Norway.  I worked on it in Nepal and I finally finished stitching it on in Taipei on April 1st 2017!

Here is the finished stitching in all of its colorful glory...

No automatic alt text available.

This is where I had left off with it back in August after the Summer Olympic Challenge.

No automatic alt text available.No automatic alt text available.No automatic alt text available.No automatic alt text available.

I had done everything so far with the cross country stitching method but then I decided I like the finished feeling of parking in a 10 x 10 square so I did the rest that way.  Here are some progress photos...

No automatic alt text available.

No automatic alt text available.

No automatic alt text available.

When my family went home for a visit back to Michigan I took this to my favorite framing shop.  And this is the result!

No automatic alt text available.

I went back and forth with choosing the pink frame or a dark green one but I decided I wanted to highlight my favorite part of the turtle which is her colorful shell.

Thank you all for your lovely comments and inspiring words during the past 3 years that I have worked on this piece.  Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

  1. The Mom and Baby look wonderful and the pink frame really looks great on that piece! Congrats on a wonderful finish Lulu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. You used perfect fabric for it

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the color of that fabric :D

    ReplyDelete