Finishes

Friday, September 9, 2016

Needle minders oh how I love you!

I don't think that I have really shared my new needle minder obsession with you here.  It's funny how the needle minder is a relatively new accessory for cross stitching but they seem to be catching on like wildfire with the cross stitching community.

I don't know if you can remember but in 2015 I put myself on a stash ban...well I tried anyways and I did really well in that I didn't buy anything related to cross stitch until I went home to the US in May after the Earthquake in Nepal and did a little bit of retail therapy.  (I plan to show you that bit of that haul in a future post.)  Well I also bought a few needle minders from Gina's Unique Boutique on Etsy and had them shipped to me in Nepal when we returned.

This was my first batch of needle minders!



I was good and only purchased ones to match all of my active WIPs at the time.  The Teal flower with a pear in the center is used on my Girl with a Pearl WIP here,

The crown with pink jewels is with my Around the World in 80 Stitches WIP and it is so helpful in holding my chart so it is nice and close while I am stitching!



The red, white, and blue pearl and jewel mandala is for my Map of Norway.



And the Jeweled turtle is with my Mom and Baby Turtle WIP.

I think this was when I might have planted the seed about doing Stitch Maynia, because I thought to myself.  Only 4 WIPs is a pretty low number...!

Anyways, there was also a sale for Black Friday and somehow these lovelies managed to jump into my cart...



Again I was still trying to be good and only buy minders to match future WIPs I would like to start soon.


The purple large jewel steampunk design is for my WIP Lingering Dream seen below



The owl I didn't really buy with a project in mind...just that I LOVE owls.  But I used it on my Owl Growth Chart for my son at the beginning of this year.


The Leprechaun Hat is on my May The Luck WIP.  The Princess Belle is on my Disney Dreams Beauty and the Beast Falling in Love WIP.  Jeweled Princess Ariel is on my Disney Dreams The Little Mermaid WIP.  And the jeweled Marie Antoinette is for my QS Ruby chart from Heaven and Earth Designs that I haven't started yet.

I also bought a Princess Anna from Frozen at some point and used her on my Tulip by AAN project.



AND this is one of the many reasons why I love my job I was able to get this awesome minder from some things my boss was discarding at work!



It is celebrating 104 years of the Republic of China (Taiwan.), and it is currently hanging out on my A Cozy Table for Two WIP holding my chart for me :)

Of course there are many more minders I have had my eye on, I even picked out ones to go on all of my Stitch Maynia starts, but alas I am trying to be good and save a little bit of money on stitching supplies...we will see how long it lasts ;).

Until the next time...Happy Stitching!




2 comments:

  1. A lovely collection!
    Needle minders are so handy, I couldn't do without them now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collection!! I came to know about needle minders from blogger friends.

    ReplyDelete