Finishes

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Cricut Project #2

I finally purchased my very own Cricut cutting machine and wow does it make some cool cuts!  It is still so new to me but I get so excited hearing the motor buzz and seeing how fast it makes intricate cut out shapes appear like magic on paper and card stock.  I had been thinking about making big letters to decorate my little girl's room for awhile.  At first I thought I would try to cut them really big in the 12 x 24 size, but eventually I settled on making them "fit to Page size" on a 12" x 12" page.  I picked up the card stock locally at Panduro Hobby , carved some time to work on the project...

And voila, here is the finished product!


For these letters I used the Ole Mexican/South American/Spanish themed cartridge, and I very happy with the finished result!

 I still have to attach this to the wall in my little one's room but that is a bigger project that will involve more cut out shapes to complete the decor...I'll show that off once it is finished.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I've heard about the Cricut machine. I don't dare buy one. (It would probably just collect dust anyway...) Cute decoration, can't wait to see pictures of the finished product on her wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will probably be many, many naps in the future before the rest is don't but thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete