Finishes

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Portugal

Last May I got to go on a work trip to Lisbon, Portugal!  It was my first time in mainland Europe outside of transiting through an airport.  It was a great trip to say the least.  I got to see a few of the sites even though I was in training 9-5 everyday.  Also in May it was nice and warm when the temperatures in Oslo were still a bit cool.  One of the highlights was also getting to see a friend who I knew from Congo.

Here are the artsy/crafty pics from my trip.


I spotted these African shoes right away at the Aldo shoe store at Colombo Mall!

When you take a closer look at them you will notice that they are made out of African fabric.  I recognize the prints from the fabric sellers I used to frequent in Kinshasa!  I'll share more about all the glorious African fabric I bought while we lived in Africa later.

Here is a picture of a sculpture I liked at St. George's Castle that was located on the grounds.



So many of the buildings were covered in ceramic tiles.  I have never seen this done before as an external finish...

Here is a close up of the details on the ceramic tiles.

Here is the typical "European", old world image of laundry hanging out to dry...

...and the cool trolleys seen from the back window of a bus.


If you ever get the chance to visit Lisbon I would highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment