Finishes

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Stitch Maynia: Day 2 Keep Calm 8th Finish of 2016

I'm going to really try to post every day or maybe a few a day of my 31 Stitch Maynia 2016 projects.  Here's my day 2 start. Keep calm and cross stitch freebie from DMC.

 The Fabric is dark lavender #209 16 count Aida from Stitchnmama, and the floss is Judy cotton floss from Mo's Sale.

This is how far I got on it the first day! 


Here is what it will look like when it is all finished :) Keep Calm and Cross Stitch:

This was after the second stitching session.  I found a mistake...I made the horizontal line in the E's too wide, but I hope you won't notice when its all done.



I took this piece with me on a weekend trip by train to Hualien, Taiwan.  The train ride was 3 hours each way and I completely finished the crown on the ride!  I stitched the word Cross when we got home.



And here she is completely finished!  I started her on May 2nd and finished on August 1st, 2016.  You can really notice how the color of the fabric changes based on the lighting in my apartment.  This is technically my 8th finish of the year.  Numbers 3,4,5, and 6 were also completed Stitch Maynia projects, and number 7 is for an exchange I have coming up.  This was my first time stitching with variegated floss where I completed each X trying to show off the color changes.  I think it turned out well :)



I decided to show off the back since this is one of my more neater backs :)



How is your summer going?  I hope you all have been able to get lots of stitching in.  Until the next time...Happy Stitching!


3 comments:

  1. Lovely finish. How are you going to finish finish it ?
    Mini
    http://minizdiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mini! Your blog is amazing, but I can't figure out how to follow you. I plan to frame this and hang it up somewhere in my home :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely stitching! Congrats on another finish :D

    ReplyDelete